In any business, listening to customer needs is the easiest way to provide quality service. Locksmithing should not be the exception, even more so, as it is a vital issue for our security. So pay attention, because this article is full of tips and tricks to make your locksmith succeed. If you want to get more tips about business management, visit this website https://www.pdxmagazine.com/ for useful information.
What can I offer my locksmith customers?
Today, the world and technology advance, and that’s why security systems are perfected. As customers, we want to adapt to these changes. That is why you must go beyond basic services, it is time to learn the installation of automated equipment. If you stay updated, you will always have new customers.
This does not mean that you should only focus on new technologies, the old service of taking out a lead or unlocking an old rusty lock will continue to exist. Do not limit your locksmith business to a comfort zone. Dare to make necessary changes and preserve your essence of work.
3 tips to improve customer service in my locksmith
It may sound repetitive to be told “listen to your customers”, but listen to your customers and do it carefully. Serving the client is a process that starts from the moment you offer your services until you finish the job. Here are a couple of tips:
1. Communicate with your customers
How are you responding to your customers? I am a person of the new generation and as such, I am going to answer you. For me, it is important to find a professional, someone who supports me and clears my doubts.
I tend to have several options to consider before making a decision and I usually choose who responds on the spot. Communication with the client is essential for your locksmith business.
2. Respect agreements
Are you complying responsibly with your client? When I agree on a date, either for a quote or for the job, I appreciate that the contractor complies with the previous agreement. Plans may change, but advance notice should always be given.
Keep in mind that people who request a locksmith service either do so for an emergency or with the need to reinforce the security of their home or business. Notify and if there are several days left before the scheduled date, make a friendly reminder one or two days before.
How are you taking care of your customers? A job can be done once, but surely in the future, I will require your services again. Don’t let me forget about you and make sure I hire you again.
Customer loyalty is essential in locksmithing. Try the following: A day or two after the job is done, write to your client and ask how the service went. Letting the client know that you are attentive, adds a guarantee to your work and gives the client confidence to return in the future.
Where can I get new clients for my locksmith?
At the beginning of this article, I mentioned staying up to date on new services that are increasingly tailored to the needs of customers. This applies to the service as such, but also to marketing strategies. Every day the internet covers more space and forces businesses to digitize, this includes traditional locksmiths.
Physical stores will continue to exist, but positioning your business on digital platforms will expand your options. Remember the days when newspaper classifieds and radio and television advertising were all the rage? Today, it is platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Whatsapp that play that leading role.
Don’t get overwhelmed if you haven’t started your online service yet. I will explain to you in a simple and quick way the advantages of each Social Network and it is up to you to choose which one best suits your business and conditions. If you want to learn more about digital marketing for your business visit this dedicated website: https://breakingnewscentral.com/.
Digital Marketing for Locksmiths.
It is estimated that 60% of the global population is connected to the internet and at least 48% use smartphones. This represents less than 4 billion people on the web. This is reason enough to take your locksmith to the virtual plane.
I will take the time to explain the three most famous social networks with the largest number of registered users and give you some tricks so you can position your business on them.
Your locksmith on Facebook
Do you have a Facebook account? This is considered if you can say, the king of social networks. It is the platform with the largest number of registered users and continues to rise. Facebook offers you, within its platform, multiple options that could work very well for your locksmith. The best thing for you would be:
- Create a Facebook page: If you currently have time or have someone who can dedicate themselves to creating weekly content, this is your option. A Facebook page can help you offer services and/or products from your locksmith, as well as communicate directly with the customer.
- Publish on Facebook Marketplace: If, on the other hand, you don’t have much time, but still want to sell through this platform, the sales area could work. You don’t need to create too much content, Marketplace is like a showcase to offer your services and/or products.
Your locksmith on Instagram
Instagram has become famous among social networks for being a springboard for emerging businesses and the digitization of more traditional ones. It grows daily and its tools are very versatile to connect with people. In this network, as on the Facebook page, you need to have time to create weekly content.
If you dare to take your locksmith business to Instagram, here are some recommendations:
- Even if you don’t post on your profile daily, don’t stop sharing on Instagram Stories.
- You use Instagram Stories polls and other options to interact with your customers.
- Your profile must be complete and organized with: the location, service you offer, link to Whatsapp, and opening hours.
- Use your profile as a catalog and take advantage of the content to talk about the benefits of hiring the locksmith service with you.
- Respond to all comments and messages.
Your locksmith on WhatsApp
It is very difficult at this time to know of someone who does not use Whatsapp on a daily basis. This application becomes digital marketing, what word-of-mouth advertising was in the past. Let’s do a simple exercise:
- Open the WhatsApp application and enter the contact list.
- See the number of people you have registered in your contacts at the top.
- Imagine that 10% of them see your Whatsapp status on a daily basis.
- Now think about all the people that you do not have registered in your contacts but, possibly they see your status because they do have you registered.
- Finally, think of all the new customers who might register your number and view your Whatsapp statuses in the future.
- Now tell me, what are you waiting for to offer your locksmith services through WhatsApp statuses?
With this application, you are taking a big step to digitize your business and all without leaving a platform that you use on a daily basis. If your intention is to go a step further and do it in a more professional way, use the Business version of WhatsApp. With it you will have the possibility to create catalogs, place locations, opening hours, and place automated responses.
There are a thousand ways to grow your business, but remember that the most important thing is to keep yourself constantly learning and aware of what your customers think and need. Furthermore, you can read our articles on this website https://itsnews.net/ to know more about small business management, finance, marketing, and investment as well.